Yz Carb Needle

4 replies to this topic
  • Yamaster

Posted February 23, 2006 - 04:08 PM

Is there any difference between the wr and yz needle other than the yz is adjustable? The only thing I can imagine is that the yz needle might have different tapers and might be thinner to richen up the jetting. Am I right?

• pkcof

Posted February 25, 2006 - 08:54 AM

Good question - I have often wondered the same thing and I look forward to someone posting an answer ... perhaps this may be a little too technical or no-one else has thought of this as an option?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • C-ya

Posted February 25, 2006 - 08:00 PM

My '99 WR400 has a YZ needle in it. It was in there when I bought it. I looked up the P/N for a WR and a YZ needle, and mine was marked as shown for a YZ. Yes, the YZ needle has more taper than a WR needle. I found a resource that gave the taper dimensions and they are different for the 2.

• Yamaster

Posted February 26, 2006 - 11:21 AM

thanks for the info. Hopefully Ill get one on tuesday. The 450 pinging a bit and its poppin so I need to adjust.

• C-ya

Posted February 27, 2006 - 09:37 AM

No prob. Good luck with it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.