426 oem insert replacement

3 replies to this topic
  • Numskull

Posted February 23, 2006 - 02:47 PM

When I got my 2001 wr426, the insert was gone. I personally dont mind, as the bike sounds awesome! But to keep the people happy who don't enjoy there windows rattling :thumbsup: , I need to get the db level down before riding season starts.

I got a dennis kirk catalog and found a promoto replacement insert but when I tryed to order it, it was discontinued . So I tryed TT store and also ebay and was unable to find what im looking for. And yes I did the search.

96db seems to be the standard, so im looking for a performance insert, but will go with the stock if I cant find something else.

Thanks

• Yama4Stroker

Posted February 23, 2006 - 02:53 PM

I put the GYT-R quiet insert in mine. It is alot quieter and the performance drop is only noticable on the very low end. I got it from the local yamaha dealer for about $40.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • billygoat

Posted February 23, 2006 - 08:27 PM

Quiet Products makes a high flow insert that is better than GYTR and won't fall apart. www.quietiscool.com I saw one of their newer versions that doesn't point all the way toward the ground. It looks a lot better than the 'gonzo' nose they originally sold.

• Numskull

Posted February 24, 2006 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: Ill check into those products and let you know how it sounds.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.