Motocross on ESPN2?

7 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted September 24, 2001 - 08:14 AM

Has anyone here actually seen motocross on ESPN2?
Evertime I want to see a race I look on espn's website and they have a channel listing of when it will be on espn2, so I set the vcr to tape and I always get the figure skating finals or the high school cheerleading championships.
I bought a satellite dish so I could see MX and SX and they are never on when they say they are. :)

And yes, I do set my vcr for my time zone (central).

I had to get that off my chest. Sorry.

Darin in Missouri - My Hurricane 1999 WR400F
Enduro Heaven - Ozark Mountain TrailRiders

• Chris_C

Posted September 24, 2001 - 08:52 AM

We see just about every race. That's not because we have a better "TV Guide". It's because my 8 year old son scans the Direct TV schedule for ESPN2 every morning as soon as he wakes up. I also get an update from him every afternoon when I get home from work. Now if he could just excercise that kind of dedication in everything else ...

• Scott_F

Posted September 24, 2001 - 09:35 PM

Darin, I let my Tivo find the show for me. It does a great job. If you have DirecTV, you can get the Tivo with a tuner in one unit.

• MOmilkman

Posted September 24, 2001 - 11:44 AM

Scott, The tuner does heave what is called "WordMatch" or something like that and I have put in the words MOTOCROSS and SUPERCROSS so it can search for me but Im not sure where to go to find the results for the search. Do you know? Thanks,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Unkle_Moose

Posted September 24, 2001 - 01:20 PM

Hello Guys I have seen every race so far :) I go to and click on the tv listings, sometimes I'll miss the first showing usually on Sunday Mornings because it's been moved do to schedule problems but pickup the replays. Their times have been pretty acurate. Last Saturdays race was rescheduled do to CART Race delay in England Went to MOTOWORLD site and they gave update but was off by 90 minutes on my cable. I just wish FOX would show replays of the GNCC races. Ride Safe & Ride Often

• bonez34

Posted September 26, 2001 - 06:08 PM

those of you with RCA directv recievers can send a scout to search for shows when the rec. is turned off. just fill the scout up with keywords and as long as they are in the title or description, the scout will find it.

just a thought.

• Chris_C

Posted September 27, 2001 - 01:44 PM

According to my 8 year old, the next ESPN2 broadcast of motocross is at 01:00 to 03:00 PST on Friday 09/28/01. I'm setting up my VCR as soon as I get away from my computer.

I've never had much luck with the satellite search program/menu. It seems that the more I want to find something the worse it does.

Good Luck

[This message has been edited by Chris C (edited September 27, 2001).]

• MOmilkman

Posted September 27, 2001 - 06:04 PM

Thanks Chris C. Ive already got it set and ready to tape tonight. Well, hopefully.

I have missed all the SX and MX races this year due to not having cable. I sure would like to get the last one to wet my taste buds for next season. :D

Now lets just hope I dont wake tomorrow morning to find "The Worlds Strongest Man Competition" :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.