2002 WR 426 counter sprocket ?

5 replies to this topic
  • gobigblue

Posted February 23, 2006 - 08:32 AM

I am replacing the counter sprocket and the one I took off had a rubber spacer on both sides of the sprocket. the new JT sprocket I purchased does not have a spacer on either side. does there need to be a spacer on the sprocket on one or either side?

• gobigblue

Posted February 23, 2006 - 01:06 PM

bump...

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 23, 2006 - 02:35 PM

Never saw that on my 400 or 450? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Numskull

Posted February 23, 2006 - 03:11 PM

I dont know :thumbsup:

But I can tell you they dont use rubber to space sprokets. If it bolts up, im sure you will be just fine. :thumbsup:

• JRAMBO

Posted February 23, 2006 - 04:21 PM

Mine was the same way I just used the new sprocket without the rubber on it no problems have changed it twice now niether of the new sprockets have it.Just line it up and bolt er on. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• WR_Dave

Posted February 23, 2006 - 07:43 PM

It's best to get the rubber coated sprocket off anyway as it will hold dirt and sand against the seal and start to wear it out. More room lets the dirt get away from the seal area. WR Dave.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.