Any input on Alpinestars Vector Boots???

5 replies to this topic
  • SoCalWR400

Posted September 24, 2001 - 08:01 AM

Im looking to buy new boots anyone have any experience with these?? They look cool and are pretty comfortable but I want some input.

• Terry_in_Reno

Posted September 24, 2001 - 09:20 PM

A friend wears them and said they are the tennis shoe of motorcycle boots. Very easy to walk in and very comfortable, if thats what your looking for.

I believe that offroad situations are better served with a little extra protection, but then some are wearing street motorcycling boots offroad. I guess it depends on how you feel about your feet getting caught between a "rock and a hard place".

• Unkle_Moose

Posted September 24, 2001 - 01:22 PM

I've been wearing mine for almost a year now, I would'nt wear anything else. I had those stiff plastic type boots.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_H

Posted September 24, 2001 - 01:50 PM

Mine are very comfy and I like them a bunch. Easy to put on and off. Sometimes though, I wish they were a bit stiffer to protect my ankles a bit more. Haven't had a problem yet but after so many ankle sprains from basketball it's always on the back of my mind..............

BTW, what's a good way to clean motocross boots? As much as my feet sweat I'd like to clean them but not sure If I should hose them off with water (inside and outside) or not.

• Jason_Williams

Posted September 24, 2001 - 02:23 PM

First ride and I broke the top clip in buckle!! The bad part is it's the female side thats permently attached to the boot :) So I'm waiting until winter and will send them into Alpine and it takes 3-4 weeks to get them back. They are real comfy. I have a hard time feeling the back brake pressure. Just a few thoughts
Jason

• SFO

Posted September 26, 2001 - 05:09 AM

I have vectors and like them.
Get the buckles for the tech-8's. They come in a replacement kit.
Replace the plastic buckles with Al.
Easier to use too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.