Handlebar mounted auxilary fuel tank.

7 replies to this topic
  • RdrMtn

Posted February 23, 2006 - 07:02 AM

Does anyone know where to get one? I can't seem to find any. I would also like to hear reviews from anyone who has had one.

• goblin127

Posted February 23, 2006 - 07:16 AM

With gas weighing just over 6lbs per gl. why would you want it mounted on your handlebars?

• Desertskyy

Posted February 23, 2006 - 08:46 AM

In the past I have used both the 1 qt and 2 qt enduro jugs on my bars. Not much of a weight issue. The 2 qt is actually about 53 oz. if I remember correctly. After going about 30 miles I would then dump the gas in the tank. sometime a little extra gas is all you need. Cheak with Rockymountain I believe they have had them in the past. Look under Enduro Jug. I never had problem with fuel leaking out either. I think you can get them in white, red and blue.

Good luck

• RdrMtn

Posted February 23, 2006 - 10:21 AM

Thanks desertskyy! I found it. Had to search for "enduro jug" like you said.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 23, 2006 - 12:15 PM

In the past I have used both the 1 qt and 2 qt enduro jugs on my bars. Not much of a weight issue. The 2 qt is actually about 53 oz. if I remember correctly. After going about 30 miles I would then dump the gas in the tank. sometime a little extra gas is all you need. Cheak with Rockymountain I believe they have had them in the past. Look under Enduro Jug. I never had problem with fuel leaking out either. I think you can get them in white, red and blue.

Good luck

I have had a blue (not that color matters) Enduro Jug for over 15 years. They hold up well. If you use them for drinking water, hit 'em with a weak solution of chlorine bleach now and then. It keep the epizooties from growing in there.

If they ever get to a point where you wouldn't want to drink out of it any more, they are great for gas (like the folks in this thread are intending to use them for), spare coolant, spare nuts/bolts/zipties/keys/change/wrenches, etc....anything that'll fit. Very sturdy.

I think they come in two sizes, too. 1qt/2qt

Lots of other ideas, too:
http://www.bigcee.com/rearjug.html
http://www.off-road....ike/tech/carry/

• Few

Posted February 23, 2006 - 12:38 PM

Maier discontinued those jugs a couple of years ago and only shows the 2 qt. size left in stock on there web site. I think Protaper's and Camelbak's killed that product line.
They hold up well, my first one lasted over 11 years.
I'll get more life out of the new one if I don't put it in the freezer overnight during the summer season. :thumbsup:

• ewbish

Posted February 23, 2006 - 01:29 PM

These are the way to go-tough, light, easy to mount.

Posted Image

• Dune7

Posted February 25, 2006 - 07:57 AM

Acerbis make them , IMHO Acerbis seem to make the "better" aftermarket plastic!

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.