Different size batteries?

12 replies to this topic
  • ksmyth

Posted February 23, 2006 - 05:15 AM

I read a post somewhere a year or two back that mentioned a theory about replacing the battery in a WR with different size batteries. the post had calculations on size of battery vs. theoretical seconds of start time available. does anyone remember that and have a link?

Or...

Does anyone know what size battery could be used to replace the current battery but cut the weight down a bit?

thanks in advance!

• hybridz77

Posted February 23, 2006 - 05:30 AM

i posted a autozone battery p/n i little while back do a search and it should come up, it only saves about 20% in the weight department but i am positive it is more durable and longer lasting than the factory batt.

• djv5

Posted February 23, 2006 - 05:44 AM

Autozone battery replacement works well, and only $28!

• ksmyth

Posted February 23, 2006 - 04:34 PM

i am looking to shave some weight and putting a battery in that is half the size would be great! anyone know what volts/amps it needs to be?

• ksmyth

Posted February 27, 2006 - 06:19 PM

anybody else?

• Irregular Pulse

Posted July 25, 2006 - 10:56 AM

anybody have that Part number for the Auto Zone replacement? My battery is dead and 28 is AY better then the 75-110 I've seen with other batteries

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tj wr450f

Posted April 13, 2008 - 06:11 PM

How much do the stock batteries weigh?

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 14, 2008 - 07:19 AM

http://www.thumperta...utozone battery

this thread has the mythical autozone battery number.

I think I'll just stick with this one from RMATV or TT store...

http://www.rockymoun...o#vehicleSelect

• tribalbc

Posted April 14, 2008 - 07:30 AM

I have an ebatt nicad setup. Weighs less than 1/2 of stock. Only used it a couple rides but so far so good. The new lithiums they offer only weigh 12 oz :thumbsup: In a couple weeks of riding here I'll be able to have a better idea on how these batteries preform.

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 14, 2008 - 07:32 AM

I have an ebatt nicad setup. Weighs less than 1/2 of stock. Only used it a couple rides but so far so good. The new lithiums they offer only weigh 12 oz :thumbsup: In a couple weeks of riding here I'll be able to have a better idea on how these batteries preform.

But these batteries cannot be charged by the WR charging system, right? You must have a battery tender attached, correct?

• tribalbc

Posted April 14, 2008 - 07:46 AM

Yeah you have to disconnect the stock charging system. It then comes with it's own charger. The charge connection comes into your airbox so you don't have to pull the seat to charge. You're supposed to get 100 starts to a charge. That's why I say I'll have to see how it lasts since it also runs the tailight and odo.

• mini_S_man

Posted May 01, 2008 - 09:23 PM

Hey tribalBC hows the ebatt going?
I'm interested in getting one if you think its good.

• tribalbc

Posted May 02, 2008 - 05:21 AM

Well here's my Ebatt update. I had an issue with this batt going dead after 4 days. My bikes a 07 and the batt runs the tailight, odo and ignition ( as I found out with a dead batt when it wouldn't run). I talked to Andre at Ebatt and he suggested hooking the charging system back up. So rehooked up, 7 days of riding so far ,no issues. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I really like the weight savings. Between my batt and exhaust change I've lost 7lbs of top heavy weight.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.