What fuel screw do people like?

31 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted February 22, 2006 - 10:21 PM

What fuel screw do people like? I would like to have a blue one, but I may just settle for the ZipTy even though its red. What do the rest of you use?

• heinzee

Posted February 22, 2006 - 10:25 PM

I have a Scotts it's brass but it works.

• cowboyona426

Posted February 22, 2006 - 10:29 PM

Not fond of the Scotts, I like the type with a knob instead of the T-handle.

• 426_Texan

Posted February 22, 2006 - 11:13 PM

I like my T-handle. I think it's made by WhiteBros.

• heinzee

Posted February 22, 2006 - 11:19 PM

I think with the t-handle its easyer to keep track of the turns. just my opinion.

• kxman

Posted February 23, 2006 - 03:02 AM

I got my Zip-Ty yesterday, haven't installed it yet. As for keeping track of the turns, the knob is numbered.

• ovrrdrive

Posted February 23, 2006 - 03:53 AM

I have a Zipty and think it is probably the mod that I use the most on my bike... It sems like every day it needs a little tweak one way or the other.

• DTYZ426

Posted February 23, 2006 - 05:54 AM

Zip-Ty, well designed and easy to use

• Ga426owner

Posted February 23, 2006 - 06:00 AM

First, by not buying a adj fuel screw you will never get the bike to run close to the way it is designed!
So from this standpoint any adj fuel screw is better than the stock....I prefer the ZipTy but have used a Kouba....for you seasoned folks....and a homemade adj fuel screw out of a bolt. The zipty is the better........ :thumbsup:

• jeffboyd47m

Posted February 23, 2006 - 07:59 AM

Zip-Ty!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted February 23, 2006 - 08:17 AM

I have run the MSR and zipty units. The zipty is was better. The MSR are just like a little bit small in diameter and it makes them not stay in very well.

I have also made one in a pinch from an piece of brake line like on the Motoman site. Just bend the last 1/2" over. works great.

• rooster wrooster

Posted February 23, 2006 - 10:17 AM

I have the zip-ty on my bench but hesitated about putting in in after I read a few posts here about them falling out. If the consensous is that those were just isolated incidents then I'll throw it in.

• kpi103

Posted February 23, 2006 - 10:41 AM

I have a zip-ty also. Works great, easy to adjust. I've never had a problem with mine backing out (Just stretch the spring a little). Just curious but why would you care about the color of it? You can hardly see it under there anyway. Well worth the money IMHO.

• snowboardstylee

Posted February 23, 2006 - 11:31 AM

I had a SRP one i liked it it was black http://i5.ebayimg.co...4/f4/8b_1_b.JPG

But just ordred the STEALTH Titanuim one cause i love TI.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...bayphotohosting

• ovrrdrive

Posted February 23, 2006 - 04:43 PM

I have the zip-ty on my bench but hesitated about putting in in after I read a few posts here about them falling out. If the consensous is that those were just isolated incidents then I'll throw it in.

If you need to go out more then 3 turns, go up on the pilot jet and go in on the screw. I try to keep mine between 1-2 1/2 turns out. Any more in either direction and the PJ gets changed.

The only legitimate concern with the zipty is that if you seat it really tight the tip can break off in the carb. When you need to seat the screw, be sure to do it lightly. :thumbsup:

• joshb

Posted February 23, 2006 - 07:15 PM

What fuel screw do people like? I would like to have a blue one, but I may just settle for the ZipTy even though its red. What do the rest of you use?

You can barely even see the fuel screw so don't worry about the color. The zipyty works great.

• 97chevy

Posted February 23, 2006 - 07:28 PM

I would recommend a white brothers one. It is made of brass so it won't gall like an aluminum one. Also when you install it, put some grease on the threads so it will turn easier. (so it doesnt gall or seize up)

• yamrider22

Posted February 23, 2006 - 07:48 PM

That has happened to me twice. Get the dubach tool for adjusting and leave it stock. I called Zip-Ty twice about the problem and they said "it must have been defective-we will send you out a new one." It never came-twice.

• aford541

Posted February 23, 2006 - 11:10 PM

The only complaint I have heard of any of them is that some can fall out, Storm Racing has a Blue Fuel Screw that has 2 O rings to eliminate any possibility of that happening.
I had the zip ty on my last three bikes but it was red, I prefer blue.

• Wyatt

Posted February 24, 2006 - 08:12 AM

yeah, I had the Storm Racing screw fall out also. BTW....I never had it more than 2 turns out.

I keep a special screwdriver for adjustment in my tool box. I'll keep mine stock and never have a lost fuel screw ruin my day again.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.