aftermarket fuel screw

5 replies to this topic
  • moab39

Posted February 22, 2006 - 07:20 PM

Do the aftermarket fuel screws tend to give you the feeling that they could loosen, I know that there is more leverage. I am coming off a 2 stroke, and wonder if you need to mess with a 4 stroke more or less . I ride between 4,000 and 11,000 ft. on my yz 250 I would only have to adjust the air screw a quarter turn depending on temp , and of course a main jet up or down. After looking around the carb on my 06 wr I don't want to mess around any more than I have to. Also how far out do most of you have your fuel screws set at and with witch pilot jet thank you.

• twenty34

Posted February 22, 2006 - 07:22 PM

you can buy a fuel screw from the TT store and will be easily adjustable. I used one for a CRF and it works fine. Easy access. When you do the free mods, you will want to have the aftermarket fuel screw to dial it in.

Do the aftermarket fuel screws tend to give you the feeling that they could loosen, I know that there is more leverage. I am coming off a 2 stroke, and wonder if you need to mess with a 4 stroke more or less . I ride between 4,000 and 11,000 ft. on my yz 250 I would only have to adjust the air screw a quarter turn depending on temp , and of course a main jet up or down. After looking around the carb on my 06 wr I don't want to mess around any more than I have to. Also how far out do most of you have your fuel screws set at and with witch pilot jet thank you.

• dbailey223

Posted February 22, 2006 - 09:15 PM

Some have reported aftermarket fuel screws getting loose. Something about some being manufactured a bit wrong. So, I think it is possible frlom what I have read here.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ripmeister

Posted February 23, 2006 - 10:18 PM

Partial reply -

I'm sure it's possible - but putting the aftermarket screw in was one of the best things I did with my bike :thumbsup: especially with the altitude diff you're talking about. I can't remember the setting and it's too late to go check - I ride mostly at 4500 to 6500 feet and I just followed directions on dialing it in. I love it because when i do ride at higher elevations, it's really simple to get by for a few days without messing with the other things.

And IMHO I think you'd want it as much for the four stroke as the two stroke.

• 426_Texan

Posted February 23, 2006 - 10:24 PM

Take a peek at this post in the YZF forum:
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=343272

• tmckeown

Posted February 23, 2006 - 10:28 PM

Hi,

I bought a Zip-Ty fuel screw. O-ring on that shrunk after first ride so that I can't use it any more :thumbsup:

Just haven't have energy to go and get a new one which can take engine heat

Timo Mc

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.