trade me exhausts

3 replies to this topic
  • jwcrf05

Posted February 22, 2006 - 04:26 PM

I have a brand new only been ran once 05yz450 exhaust and would like to trade someone with a wr450 stock exhaust. This pipe rips but is too loud and my neighbors are complaining, someone please help.

• bradc-wr450

Posted February 22, 2006 - 05:36 PM

I have a 04 WR450 with a brand new Pro Moto Billet insert (and the stock insert) but don't know if that would fit. I've been thinking of getting a new silencer but need to have the spark arrester for trail use... and the desert race series. Don't know if you pipe has that. Also have to pass tech inspection for max db levels.

So, if you know all that stuff or someone else can answer it, I may be interested.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted February 22, 2006 - 05:52 PM

An unccorked WR exhaust is no quieter than the YZ pipe (maybe even louder), and with the baffle, it just plain sucks (unless you were planning on getting a PMB insert, but you could do that to the YZ pipe too). But to each his own. People are giving the WR pipes away on eBay.

• Gadsen

Posted February 22, 2006 - 06:15 PM

I have the stock muffler (brand new take off) for a 2004 WR450F, and it has the stock insert and USFS approved spark arrestor (yes, I do have the USFS approved), but its a Canadian insert, so its a teeny bit louder than US stock WR muffler. Not sure if it would fit, but I'd trade ya if you wanted. I suspect the noise from it would be around 89db.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.