05 wr450 engine restriction

11 replies to this topic
  • metalmaster117

Posted February 22, 2006 - 02:32 PM

well i've heard that there are 3 major wr450 restriction the throttle stop the exhaust snorkel and well this little grey wire but i need too know how to get too the little grey wire cause i can't find it or i think i know where it is but don't wanna go pealin away at the wire covering and stuff but if i could kinda get some kind of direction or instruction on how too do it that would really help thanxs :thumbsup: any other modifications that won't cost any money would be great thanks :thumbsup:

• clark4131

Posted February 22, 2006 - 02:35 PM

Do a search, you'll find what you need in the archives...SC

• byggd

Posted February 22, 2006 - 02:41 PM

Go here and ye shall find for what ye seeks :thumbsup: You will need to remove your seat ans tank :thumbsup:
http://www.thumperfa...m/free_mods.htm

• metalmaster117

Posted February 24, 2006 - 02:14 PM

ok thanks i got another question well would u kno if u can place a switch to set the bike too wr too yzf back and forth

• clark4131

Posted February 24, 2006 - 02:25 PM

You can, but why would you want too?...SC

• Sleeperdrz

Posted February 24, 2006 - 03:07 PM

ok thanks i got another question well would u kno if u can place a switch to set the bike too wr too yzf back and forth

No, sell the bike and get a moped. Really , I mean it. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beejay

Posted February 24, 2006 - 06:36 PM

You won't want to go back to WR

• boer

Posted February 24, 2006 - 08:44 PM

You might also want to look at this thread, as the wire you are looking for is now in 6 pin connector

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=300356

:thumbsup:

• metalmaster117

Posted February 26, 2006 - 07:48 AM

ok so pretty much from what i read it jus opens the bike up and lets the bike run the way it was built too run with out the restrictions, now i do alot of single line stuff and the probablem i have with this is that my bike heats up alot when doing trails in low gear at slow speeds would removing the grey wire help kool the bike at all

• rich1167

Posted February 26, 2006 - 08:07 AM

Also do a search on airbox mods. You will want to open it up. The gray wire has little affect on lower RPM's.

• freestyle250

Posted February 26, 2006 - 11:42 AM

ok so pretty much from what i read it jus opens the bike up and lets the bike run the way it was built too run with out the restrictions, now i do alot of single line stuff and the probablem i have with this is that my bike heats up alot when doing trails in low gear at slow speeds would removing the grey wire help kool the bike at all

From my understanind on the gray wire, it is the rev limiter, and only has an effect when you are really getting on the bike. So when youre just putting around in the lower rpm's i dont believe it should have an effect. these four strokes just really cook when youre putting along, no air flow to help cool it off, is my guess as to why.

• boer

Posted February 26, 2006 - 08:30 PM

The grey wire changes the ignition mapping to the YZ spec. The ignition timing will be more advanced at mid to high RPM compared to the WR timing.

I don't think it changes the revlimiter, I may be wrong though. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.