disk brake guard

5 replies to this topic
  • newthumper05

Posted February 22, 2006 - 02:19 PM

I am looking for a front plastic disk brake guard that also covers the caliper.Anyone have any ideas on where or what company makes them, most cover the disk and not the caliper.

• byggd

Posted February 22, 2006 - 02:54 PM

Here you go!
http://shop.thumpert...fault.asp?p=656

• Push Rod

Posted February 22, 2006 - 03:13 PM

The Acerbis fits good, looks good, and is fairly sturdy, but doesn't cover the caliper. The front caliper is mostly protected by fork tube anyways. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Johnny34

Posted February 22, 2006 - 04:14 PM

I bought the older style Acerbis and mount bracket and hated it. It is flismy and would get destroyed after one good brush against a tree or a rock. It is meant to go on the 03-04 model. I think the newer version (called the spider) would be a better fit but have yet to purchase one. It mounts on the front wheel axel between the fork and the wheel rather than on the outside of the fork and brake assembly.

If you want to buy my unused disk guard and mount bracket, I'd be happy to sell it to you.

• tony1970

Posted February 22, 2006 - 04:26 PM

Cycra is supposed to come out with one soon...one of these years. :thumbsup:

• yammerhammer98

Posted February 22, 2006 - 04:35 PM

I use the Devol aluminum guard on my '98 YZ400. Fits great and definitely helps protect the disc.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.