Help Installing graphics......

4 replies to this topic
  • viking_in_wa

Posted February 21, 2006 - 10:17 PM

I finally got my new graphics today and i went and purchased the chemicals needed to remove old sticky and stuff for install. I put swingarm decals and fork covers on already but im a little scared of shrouds and tank decals because of the curves and stuff. These things are too spendy to just screw them up because lack of knowledge. any tricks of the trade you wanna offer?

• JAVA JOE

Posted February 21, 2006 - 10:27 PM

do a search my friend. It's all about the hair dryer, windex, or soapy water and a little car body filler squeegy. Search graphics. Good luck. Much easier than you think!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • viking_in_wa

Posted February 21, 2006 - 10:43 PM

thanks jave joe for the insight, sometimes i get a little ahead of myself and forget there is a ton of great info already done in previous threads. I found what i was after and tomorrow i will finish my project, i would do it tonite but a gallon can of chem-dip was knocked over in my shop and i almost passed out in there after a couple hours. Better vent that crap before going back in.

• XriderR00

Posted February 22, 2006 - 04:49 AM

spray a light mist of water over the surface before applying. You will probably end up ripping the graphics completely off a few times before you get it right, but they are sticky as hell so don't worry about it not sticking anymore.

• TeamScream

Posted February 22, 2006 - 07:30 AM

spray a light mist of water over the surface before applying. You will probably end up ripping the graphics completely off a few times before you get it right, but they are sticky as hell so don't worry about it not sticking anymore.

I agree with this, I just did mine on my supermoto, use soapy water and a hair dryer, it really really helps to have someone else there who can work the hair dryer for you while you squeegee out the water once you get the graphic placed, my wife helped me out, we actually had fun doing it together.
Just try not to handle the edges of the graphics too much as they are the hardest part to stick when its all said and done.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.