Oh God, it's happening again...

18 replies to this topic
  • chicagobikefan

Posted February 21, 2006 - 05:49 PM

I love my XR650L, but I've been riding sportbikes all my life, too. Want to keep the L and get...

http://www.suzukicyc...K6/Default.aspx

I always wanted one. I had a Busa for a few years, but sold it for financial reasons. Two bikes was too much. But I'm gettin' the itch...the itch... Help me... :thumbsup:

• knuklehead

Posted February 21, 2006 - 09:16 PM

never have to many NEVER

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 21, 2006 - 09:30 PM

.....buy! .....buy! .....buy!

do eeet!

....mmmmm....mmmmmmwwuahahahhaa :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk:

• Supplicate

Posted February 21, 2006 - 09:52 PM

Posted Image

• frankstr

Posted February 22, 2006 - 05:19 AM

You can't have too much of a good thing, can you.... :thumbsup:

• wickedsprint

Posted February 22, 2006 - 05:20 AM

I know the exact itch you are talking about, hence getting my Busa. The Gixxer 1000s are pretty sweet, but do your research, been some issues with the new ones cracking and breaking frames, thepenalty of making them too light. I'd give a serious look at the R1 if that is the category you want, 26k valve adjust intervals..silly power..and Yamaha quality.

• Motosprtman

Posted February 22, 2006 - 06:09 AM

Note my stable of bikes as listed below, and I would still like to get a XR400R just to have it.....

• roadcam

Posted February 22, 2006 - 07:11 AM

first thing, that Suzook will need good dirt tires, and that front fender aint gonna make it, it'll clog up with mud the first time you take it out ... also , it looks like it might weigh almost as much as my 'L' ... better keep shoppin' ... :thumbsup:

• 2000 xr650r

Posted February 22, 2006 - 04:39 PM

I have to second the Yamaha R1 SO much better!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted February 22, 2006 - 06:52 PM

Rule #1, if you can't pay for it in cash and you dont absolutely need it, don't buy it.

• hill5150

Posted February 22, 2006 - 07:14 PM

Rule #1, if you can't pay for it in cash and you dont absolutely need it, don't buy it.

:thumbsup:

• Supplicate

Posted February 22, 2006 - 07:26 PM

I can't believe I'm about to agree with you.

but...

its the damn truth. The only thing I haven't paid cash for in the last couple years was my computer.

• chicagobikefan

Posted February 22, 2006 - 09:01 PM

None of us need a motorcycle, yet all of us have bought one because it gives us pleasure. I understand your point of view, but I have a more relaxed view of how to spend money. I don't want to get old and say, "I should have bought the R1/Gixxer/whatever when I was younger." As I look back at the ungodly amount of money I've spent on motor vehicles of all kinds, I am quite surprised and shake my head. Yet, I have no regrets because of the immense pleasure I've gotten from them for over 20 years. Watching the moonlight in the woods on my XR, snaking through the twisties on my ol' Busa ...ahh, give me a little debt, but let me feel alive.

• Dual_Dog

Posted February 23, 2006 - 04:08 PM

Words are cheap and being frugal only gets you so far.

There are two sides to every story and there are sayings for this side also. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained...no risk, no reward...go ahead, take a chance & live a little"...etc. Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. :thumbsup:

Motorcycles get you further on down the road of life and don't cost that much in comparison.

• wheelnut46

Posted February 23, 2006 - 05:21 PM

If I was to take all the money I've put into the gas tanks of the various hot rod trucks I've had I could have bought more than a few bikes a lot sooner than I did. Bikes can eventually pay for themselves in gas savings if you use them for commuting etc. Even if you dont commute, they pay for themselves in stress relief, which is priceless, especially at this point in my life. :thumbsup:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted February 23, 2006 - 06:57 PM

None of us need a motorcycle, yet all of us have bought one because it gives us pleasure. I understand your point of view, but I have a more relaxed view of how to spend money. I don't want to get old and say, "I should have bought the R1/Gixxer/whatever when I was younger." As I look back at the ungodly amount of money I've spent on motor vehicles of all kinds, I am quite surprised and shake my head. Yet, I have no regrets because of the immense pleasure I've gotten from them for over 20 years. Watching the moonlight in the woods on my XR, snaking through the twisties on my ol' Busa ...ahh, give me a little debt, but let me feel alive.

Very true, but, i have a 1998 xr650l, paid for it in cash, no regrets. my car, cash. save up the money then spend it....it doesnt take that long to save a few grand.

• wickedsprint

Posted February 23, 2006 - 08:50 PM

I prefer the taking out a loan option, I think of it like forcing me to save up the cash and getting to play with the bike now :thumbsup: If I didn't have a loan payment I ould just waste it on other stuff.

• ghoti

Posted February 24, 2006 - 08:25 AM

Have you guys seen the Ducati Supermoto. :thumbsup: I couldn't post a link to it, check it out at www.ducati.com.

• CAPSIL

Posted February 24, 2006 - 09:12 AM

I like the super-motard concept of bikes. After they take all are land, all we would have left is the pavement. I would lean towards this:

http://www.aprilia-o...m/en/index.php5

CAPSIL

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.