Thanks to everyone for all the advice rendered.

4 replies to this topic
  • lrutt

Posted February 21, 2006 - 05:11 PM

Just finished quite a few mods on the 650L

- Kouba lowering link
- Clarke 4.0
- XR600 tank graphics
- XRsonly billet rack
- XRsonly oil temp gauge
- XR400 front fender
- Aluminum CR hi bend bars

This in addition to
- Supertrap IDS2
- de smogged, de snorkled
- Uni filter
- Opened up the air box
- Standard carb mods and rejetted
- 14/48 gearing
- D606 tires.

Only one thing left to do I think. Find one of those nice little front fender bags. I'm still debating that. I might try and find a way to make use of the rear rack. That XRsonly billet rack is a very nice piece. Hell of a deal compared to the other billet rack for $179 and much better and bigger than the Happy Trails rack I think.

It will likely be my primary mode of transport this summer when my wife and I try to spend a month on our Island property in norther Michigan. Lots of good dirt roads and trails there.

I've asked for a lot of advice and made a lot of searches over the past few months and I think I made all the right decisions. Thanks All.

• Dual_Dog

Posted February 21, 2006 - 05:44 PM

That's quite a laundry list you got there. Almost as long as mine! Once the mods start, they're hard to stop because each one takes you that much closer to having the uLtimate All-terrain Assault Vehicle or AAV.

Good luck & enjoy your transformed ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 21, 2006 - 06:30 PM

Only one thing left to do I think. Find one of those nice little front fender bags. I'm still debating that. I might try and find a way to make use of the rear rack. That XRsonly billet rack is a very nice piece. Hell of a deal compared to the other billet rack for $179 and much better and bigger than the Happy Trails rack I think.

I have an XRsOnly rack. Instructions seemed a little hard to follow (go figure, its only a rack) so I pretty much skimmed them, winged it, and all went on as designed.

I moved my tool pouch to the front fender as I like having it on the bike. Can you just move yours? All I did was use the plastic base as a remplate, mark the spots on the front fender for the holes, drill them, and then re-use the bolts/nuts and mounted it on the front. See my gayrodge fer pix. I'll get some better ones in there soon, mebbe tonite.

The mods are easy, and even fun (at least for me), fun bike, helpful folks/site here, too. :thumbsup:

EDIT: OK, added some pix.

• adam574

Posted February 21, 2006 - 06:54 PM

curious to what you bike looks like with the tank fender and graphics... any pics

• wr450fyamaha

Posted February 21, 2006 - 07:21 PM

Pics! Pics! Pics!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  159 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.