XR600R Magura Jack Clutch

1 reply to this topic
  • XRidiculous

Posted February 21, 2006 - 04:41 PM

I know SRC offers them, I've checked the archives, but not enough info.

Can anybody tell me which model, and/or which parts swaps I have to use to make the Magura work on my 98 XR600R.

There are a boatload for $100 less on ebay, and I just want to start with the right unit, and do the mods myself, as I am quite handy.

I know somebody has done this.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pchansen

Posted February 23, 2006 - 03:07 PM

You might eat up a hundred bucks in pain and suffering trying to modify a stock ( out of the box) hyd clutch to fit on your 600. I ordered one for my 650R from SRC and really like it. The box it came in said it was for a KX250. The system had obviously been modified to fit my XR. Being new to Magura Clutch systems I had no idea where to even begin. The rod that sticks out of the hydraulic cylinder that actually does the pulling is the thing that is swapped out. I just wasn't in the mood to fart around with doing that. As it comes from SRC, it was a 10 minute mod and works great! No more than two fingers and no adjusting- ever- until you need a new clutch. I don't ride as often as I'd like to so every time I go my clutch hand would tire and cramp very fast. With the hyd clutch, no problems.
Next, go out and get a shorty ASV clutch lever and your dialed.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.