Ebay Supertrapp

3 replies to this topic
  • vega25

Posted February 21, 2006 - 02:08 PM

I purchased a Supertrapp off Ebay with a model number of 027-3598 on it. It does not appear to fit my 03 XR650L. If bolted on where the stock muffler bolts on it's behind the turn signal and the side cover will not go on. Supertrapp told me that the muffler was designed for 93-05 XRLs. Any help or pictures would be great.

• Dual_Dog

Posted February 21, 2006 - 04:19 PM

I purchased a Supertrapp off Ebay with a model number of 027-3598 on it. It does not appear to fit my 03 XR650L. If bolted on where the stock muffler bolts on it's behind the turn signal and the side cover will not go on. Supertrapp told me that the muffler was designed for 93-05 XRLs. Any help or pictures would be great.

vega25,

The Trapp silencer barrel does not bolt directly to the turn signal mount. It is stepped down further by way of a flat plate. :thumbsup:

So my question is did the slip-on come with the installation bracket, bolts, washers and grommets? By that I mean, did the install kit have the 1" x "3 or 4" 2-holed plate included with it to connect to the turn signal mount and then to the pipe? :thumbsup: PM me if you have more questions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vega25

Posted February 21, 2006 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have been in contact with SuperTrapp and maybe I can get the plate you speak of. Thanks again. It just did not make since to bolt it up where the stock did.

• Dual_Dog

Posted February 21, 2006 - 08:03 PM

Come to think of it, you could make your own plate out of some 1/16" - 1/8" thick flat stock since it's really only a piece of metal with 2 holes in it. You'd just bolt the slip-on to the stock header pipe, lift up slightly on the silencer to take the weight off a little bit and measure center to center from turn signal to pipe tab, drill, cut, ease the edges (paint?) and you're done. Just a thought. :thumbsup:

This is where necessity becomes the mother of invention. I had a similar problem with no parts or pieces available to solve it so I made my own. I came up with a simple solution a few years ago for the Clarke 4.0 tank I installed to make it solid enough for off-road use. :thumbsup: Works great to this day and I beat the crap out of '98.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.