wr426 header fit a wr400 stock silencer?

1 reply to this topic
  • JDrooster

Posted February 21, 2006 - 01:28 PM

Will a wr426 stock header fit my wr400 with the stock wr400 silencer? I originally went looking because my heat shield was thrashed, and the 426 heat shield jmathis gave me didn't line up (thanks anyway John). Upon searching I realized that the 426 header enables easier oil filter access as well, so I'm looking to swap for that reason too. Thanks in advance for any replies. -Jerry :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bob_o

Posted February 21, 2006 - 03:09 PM

yes they fit together fine but you need to find a 2001 or 2002 yz or wr headpipe. The 2000 headpipe runs right in the way of the filter.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.