FMF Q on a 400F/426F?

3 replies to this topic
  • jcole

Posted February 21, 2006 - 01:38 AM

I currently have a 99 yz400f with WB E series exhaust. I have the quiet core insert and five disks but I am going to be enetering a enduro in March and I need it to be under 96db's. I dont think the e series is going to get it done. I am considering the original version of the FMF Q series to put on the bike to get me through the race with out breaking the bank. Problem is I have heard of some 426 guys having trouble jetting there bikes for this exhaust. any body had trouble with the original Q and jetteing on there yzf's?

PS: If anybody is interested in The E series muffler and WB head pipe both in excellent shape email me they are for sale or trade for a stock 400/426 sysem, they do me no good in California.

• LJ

Posted February 21, 2006 - 02:30 PM

I have one on my '99 yz400 and it works great. The metal strap to mount it is a pain (hint: use a longer bolt to mount the strap, makes it much easier to align the holes and compress the strap).

It mellows at the power a little bit on the bottom, but it goes like heck on the upper end, and is quite. I've had to richen the pilot jet a little, and probably need to do it a little more since it pops a little on decel on cold days.

I have no regrets.

LJ.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kid on a 426

Posted February 21, 2006 - 05:54 PM

my dads works pretty good weve had no trouble with it

• jcole

Posted February 22, 2006 - 05:41 AM

Thanks for the replies, I think I will go with the E2 so it will match up to the header pipe.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.