YZF External Stator

5 replies to this topic
  • silverlakerider

Posted February 20, 2006 - 07:26 PM

Hey Fellas,

Thinking seriously about street legaling my 2000 yzf and I've been reading all the related threads. My question is - Does anyone out there run the E-line (baja designs) external stator? It's the one that is a all in one unit but it sticks out a ways and you need a new shift lever to overcome the old one hitting it. Does it interfere with normal shifting or is it just a bit of a nuisance that you get used to rather quickly?
Also, what else would I need if I installed a WR stator?
Thanks in advance.

• icemachines

Posted February 20, 2006 - 08:04 PM

Eline is the one I would recommend. Pretty nice set up and has plenty of power for high power lights, grips, etc.etc. Only concern I had was the shifter breaking if whipping out, It's now 1 1/2 years and no broken levers.
Issues with a wr set up the lack of wattage. At 2500 rpm the AC is rated up to 55 watts and the DC is 26 watts. But I guess it depends on what lighting our powering.

• KTMKarl

Posted February 21, 2006 - 10:38 AM

E-line here. It may be wierd feeling if you install it during the ride but if you start off with it in the morning you won't notice it at all until you hop on another bike! then you will likely be shifter searching a little. the quality of the piece is well worth any nuisance though and you have the ability for further tuning in no light needed conditions as the flywheel is a breeze to remove/install to suit the conditions of the day. good stuff.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted February 21, 2006 - 05:33 PM

I have the WR stator/flywheel in my YZ400. Works great. And at $300 its way cheeper than the e-line.

• INJURY_69

Posted February 21, 2006 - 06:31 PM

I have an E-line and have had no problems. It is a bit pricy but I got mine used.

There are two separate 100W outputs and ea. require a Voltage regulator.

The shifter does stick out a bit but no problems here, actually one problem is that the bolt that clamps the shifter on the bike stripped. no biggie and prob my fault.

Note that adding this is equal to about 11oz of flywheel weight so this is a bit difference, maybe good maybe bad.

• 02YZ426

Posted February 21, 2006 - 07:02 PM

I think if I were to get a different lighting coil for mine, I would go the route that yzman400 did.. go with the WR flywheel and stator. The price difference is big and it will run a full light setup with no problems. Unless your running duel baja lights and hot grips etc its likely more power than you need, and with the WR kit you wont have to worry about the bulk of the unit or the power loss associated with it. When I contacted E-line about the hp loss they did admit that it drags the engine down a little.. but Im not sure if its enough to worry about.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.