How Well Do Anodized Rims Hold Up

3 replies to this topic
  • BLUE4STROKE

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:40 PM

Hey just trying to get a few opinions about black anodized rims. Simply trying to dress the bike up a little and think black rims look awesome on yamaha's. Will they hold up, or will I be dissapointed after a couple of rides?

• Matty05

Posted February 20, 2006 - 08:48 PM

Anodized rims are the way to go, even the stockers are anodized.
This provides a nice hard protection barrier.

Just don't paint them if you want them to last.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TARFELE

Posted February 21, 2006 - 06:03 AM

I had a set of anodized rims on a 91 RM 250 several years ago.(91-92) They held up great while I had them. A year or so later I sold the bike to a guy and I saw him a few years ago. The guy told me that he trashed the bike on a jump but kept the rims and at that time had them on another RM. He kept them because they were purple and still looked new. I think anodized is 100 times better than powder coating so don't consider that

• dez4ever

Posted February 21, 2006 - 02:56 PM

It depends on what kinda riding you do. I have a set of black Excels on my 04' WR and it looks bithchen from a far but you get a little closer and the nicks dings really stand out. If you ride in sand or mostly desert they will show their age fairly quickly but the still look cool.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.