Do I need to re-jett?

5 replies to this topic
  • tuekwik

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:25 PM

I have a 04 YZ450F, just got a White Bros E-Series slip-on, the one with disks. I've heard that you have to re-jett and I also heard that you don't. I live in SoCAL desert, mostly open desert riding. CONFUSED! Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

• kizzle426

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:35 PM

I just got this pipe for my 426. I didn't have to rejet at all. I turned my fuel screw out about a half turn. that's with five discs, the spark arrestor plate (duh lol), and the quiet core insert. If you run a lot of discs you'll probably have to go the opposite way I did since it'll open it up. Hope that helped. Question: is your really hard to get the allen screws out of to change the discs.

• BC61

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:46 PM

How quiet is your bike with five discs? How has it affected the power?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tuekwik

Posted February 20, 2006 - 06:06 PM

I got this pipe of e-bay for $100 bucks. Real clean with the discs, seller had just replaced the allen screws. How does your bike sound Kizzle?

• new2blu

Posted February 20, 2006 - 06:12 PM

I would check the plug color to see if jetting is ok. Any time the airflow changes (muffler upgrade,opening up the airbox,etc.) check the jetting you could damage the motor by running it too lean---better a little rich than way too lean.

• kizzle426

Posted February 20, 2006 - 06:46 PM

BC61: My bike is quite constricted with 5 discs plus the quiet core I opted to put in it. It's no where near as fast as my Powercore IV FMF muffler. Well, on the bottom anyway. The hit on bottom is so slow.

tuekwik:The bike sounds a lot less obnoxiously loud than with the Powercore. If I keep the 7-10 (preferred for track) and no quiet core setup it's pretty loud but it's still better because the sound does not project straight out. do you know whether or not the guy that had yours before you drilled the holes before putting in new screws? Mine are SO SO SO hard to get in or out. If they were easier I'd change the discs wherever I go, but it's just too hard to do it the way it is.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.