does anyone need a pmb silent insert?

4 replies to this topic
  • Bob_o

Posted February 20, 2006 - 01:53 PM

$30 shipped. please pm me if your interested

• Numskull

Posted February 20, 2006 - 08:20 PM

When I got my bike, the insert was gone. Needless to say its pretty loud. I didnt realize how loud while driving (probally because the sound was behind me) until my brother told me it was the loudest thing he has ever heard, like a stock car with open headers :thumbsup:

Any one know what the db level is on a stock 426 with the insert removed?

hey bob_0, I need an insert. I do belive I have stock exhaust. Will this pmb insert work? If so what is the db level and performance characteristics?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • knowlimits

Posted February 21, 2006 - 05:05 AM

Bob check your pms. I sent one yesterday about the insert.

• Bob_o

Posted February 21, 2006 - 02:02 PM

Noise and power increase noticibly with the insert. Its just about right in the middle between "stock" noise and "open end" noise. knowlimits did pm me yesterday though. I'll let ya know if that deal falls through.

• nothingleft

Posted February 22, 2006 - 01:24 PM

Did you change from PMB insert to an aftermarket exhaust? I am curious to know if you went with the FMF Q2 or White Bros. E2, was there a noticable difference in sound or power output?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.