04 450f question

5 replies to this topic
  • coloredkid

Posted February 20, 2006 - 10:17 AM

Hey all - my 450f runs like a lightswitch, it's either on or off. I was thinking of putting a heavier flywheel on it and was wondering what kind i should get? I know yamaha and trailtech make flywheels for this application and wanted to see what u all prefer. any suggestions? I was also wondering what kind of exhaust everyone likes to run and please give details as to how the exhaust effected the powerband of the bike. thanks!

• mixdup

Posted February 22, 2006 - 02:00 AM

I havn't tried the flywheel solution yet but I did slip on a DEP exhaust system (the torque model with extra long header) & a 47 rear sprocket which smoothed things out a bit. She still goes hard but the power pulls right off the bottom & will pull a high gear. I spend a lot of time in 3rd :thumbsup:

• jbrooks26

Posted February 22, 2006 - 02:35 AM

I ran a trailtech flywheel on my 99 yz400f and loved it. Some Yakazz decided that he needed the bike more than me though :bonk: :bonk: He better hope I never catch him on it :bonk: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

Josh

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • perrymx23

Posted February 22, 2006 - 03:02 AM

Check out Dr. D (doug dubach) flywheels. You have to send your flywheel in, but they have diff. wgt. flywheels available you trade them back in untill you get the one you like for your situation.

• grayracer513

Posted February 22, 2006 - 08:17 AM

Actually, you don't have to send your flywheel in, at least not immediately. You can front the core charge on a credit card, have them ship the new one to you, and Dubach will reverse the charge once they receive yours. I use the 8oz on my '03, and I see absolutely no downside whatever to it. It has improved the rideability of the bike tremendously without handicapping it at all.

The '04 is a little less aggressive, so you may be happier with the 6oz. The really cool thing about the Dr.D is that you can exchange for a different weight at any time for no more than the shipping charges, so there's very little risk in picking the wrong one.

• coloredkid

Posted February 22, 2006 - 08:44 AM

hey thanks! i'll be looking into dr d~

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.