650l rear fender

8 replies to this topic
  • pigryder

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:55 AM

hey guys what fenders will fit on the back of the L that look more like motocross fenders? Im sure there will be some trimming!

• goblin127

Posted February 20, 2006 - 07:47 AM

Maier makes the fender your looking for.

• pigryder

Posted February 20, 2006 - 03:47 PM

cool thanks!

• supaflyryan

Posted February 20, 2006 - 03:53 PM

Maier's fenders are not motocross style. Granted the don't look as bad as the stock, but they still have the curve. Cemoto makes one as well that is also "MX Style," but again, is not exactly like the ones on the 650R or CRF's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • desert4seat

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:59 PM

I'm also interested in this question...does anyone have any input on this subject? I'd like a straight clean line rear fender....I'm a pretty good fabricator, so i can make just about anything work, but what i dont know is what kind of bike / year / etc that'll look the best with the L... any help?

Posted February 20, 2006 - 10:23 PM

I too am thinking about putting a rear moto oriented fender on my L. I did some preliminary measuring on my CRF and it looks like it might work. I think I am going to get one and see how it goes. If it won't work, I can still use it on my CRF LOL :thumbsup: Maybe an under the fender LED light to go with it from Baja Designs or something similar. :thumbsup: You can get an idea from the Aloop website what an L looks like with a moto rear fender, but the rest of the body work has also been changed.

• dano148

Posted March 03, 2006 - 07:05 AM

I have a maier fender on my 05 650l with a baja designs LED tailight mounted under the fender.

• dukeryder

Posted March 03, 2006 - 07:15 PM

Will the rearfender from a CRF work?

I also want a different rear fender to complete my bikes "transformation".

• mgs781

Posted March 04, 2006 - 03:50 AM

CR fenders work the best.

I have a red Maier fender and LED tail light for sale if anyone is interested.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.