ARC Back Country Foul Weather Pants

8 replies to this topic
  • TARFELE

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:45 AM

Does anyone have the ARC Back County Foul Weather pants?(Rocky Mountain's Brand) I want to know if they have velcro on the bottom to taper the leg so they dont hit the head pipe. All of my other pants have a tendancy to melt because they are kind of baggy around the ankles. Any opinions are appreciated. My other option are the Fox Panther II's.

Anyone with experience

• tony1970

Posted February 20, 2006 - 10:03 AM

I am going to order a set of these also. From what I have read they have leather on the lower inside of the pant. I know the MSR ISDE pant has the velcro but are about $100 more. As far as Fox pants go I am never going to buy another Fox product again. After paying top dollar for a new set of 360 pants after 5 months they are falling apart. Emblems coming off, fabric fraying, and stiching pulling apart. My last pair of Fox pants lasted 5 years with the regular riding abuse, but these new ones look as old now as my 5 year old set. Their quality control has gone way down. :thumbsup:

• TARFELE

Posted February 20, 2006 - 03:43 PM

I would like to know who makes the ARC stuff. The Back Country pants and Jacket say waterproof but so does alot of stuff I wear, but I still get wet.

• tony1970

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:56 PM

I don't take the waterproof label very seriously on any clothing unless it is PVC rain gear. I hunt a lot and use gore tex gear and I can tell you if it is really raining hard or if you are exposed to prolonged rain any soft "waterproof" gear will leak from boots to jackets. I figure on the ARC pants that they will repel a certain amount of water better than regular riding gear. The occasional splash and light rain is what I will ride in. I hate riding in the rain. :thumbsup: The price reflects that they may not shed off water as well as gore tex gear or maybe the MSR pants, but they will repel some water and that is all i am interested in. I also have been trying to avoid any Gore Tex made product since I heard they have supported anti OHV groups lately, but I cannot confirm this. I figure for $80 for the pants how can you go wrong, and I have heard that the matching jacket is pretty good quality.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snmhanson

Posted February 20, 2006 - 11:43 PM

I would like to know who makes the ARC stuff. The Back Country pants and Jacket say waterproof but so does alot of stuff I wear, but I still get wet.

My friend just got ARC pants and jacket but hasn't ridden them yet. However, when he showed them to me they looked a whole lot like my Moose stuff. Same exact color and very similar patches and seams. I won't go as far as to say without a doubt that Moose makes it for them but the resemblance is uncanny. And for what it's worth, my Moose Monarch Pass pants and XRC jacket work great for cold and rainy northwest riding.

Matt

• TARFELE

Posted February 21, 2006 - 05:58 AM

Thats good, I have the Moose Expedition pants and jacket and they are nice but the pants are bulky. They still work great and if the ARC are half as good they will be worth it. Thanks

• Punisher660

Posted February 21, 2006 - 09:00 AM

It is manufactured by "Brendenhouse" who also makes Torq, and Tusk products....Brendenhouse IS RockyMountainATV.

• TARFELE

Posted February 21, 2006 - 04:22 PM

It is manufactured by "Brendenhouse" who also makes Torq, and Tusk products....Brendenhouse IS RockyMountainATV.

That answers that

• Punisher660

Posted February 21, 2006 - 05:08 PM

Thats good, I have the Moose Expedition pants and jacket and they are nice but the pants are bulky. They still work great and if the ARC are half as good they will be worth it. Thanks

I stopped by RockyMountainATV the other day (they are 20 min from me) - I was really interested in foul weather jacket - I have to admit, for the price, quality is AWSOME! I was looking at getting the Thor Phase 2 (unfortunately neither make manly size jackets, just 2x.....3x are on back order).....for the price, I wouldn't hesitate to go with ARC. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.