how do i set the compression

4 replies to this topic
  • gc212

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:30 AM

anybody knows how do i set the compression of my 1998 wr400 front fork stiffer?

• Lowedog

Posted February 20, 2006 - 07:33 AM

The compression valve is on the bottom of the forks. Be sure to turn the clickers the same amount. If you have never messed with them you should turn them in till they stop. Count the number of clicks while doing this. That way you can be sure they are set the same. Now back them off the same number of clicks to the desired setting. Maybe a couple click in from the current setting.

-Lowedog

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gc212

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:27 PM

do u have photo of the clicker because im can't seems to find it thanks alot

• tcmII

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:31 PM

There is a small rubber plug in the hex on the bottom of the fork. Use a small screw driver or pick tool to remove the plug. Then follow the advise in the previous post.

• gc212

Posted February 20, 2006 - 06:57 PM

oh ok thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.