05 Wr450 Clutch Vibration

5 replies to this topic
  • Nodrog

Posted February 20, 2006 - 04:58 AM

Recently upgraded from my 99 Wr400 to a 05 Wr450 - Got a good deal from my mate and the bike is only 7 Months old - When the bike is idling there is a slight clutch vibration , as soon as you pull the clutch lever in the vibration dissapears . Has anybody had these symptoms and what were your findings .

• racin2j

Posted February 20, 2006 - 07:25 AM

I noticed the same thing with my new 05' WR 450. Like a chatter with the clutch out in neutral.

• Lowedog

Posted February 20, 2006 - 07:39 AM

This is normal. While sitting in nuetral idling withthe clutch engaged you are hearing the internals of the drive system spinning. These motors are very noisy. They are built so light weight that you can hear every thing on the inside. If you haven't put a skid plate on yet, you will be amazed if you do. All that noise is directed right to the rider and you will think the thing is going to explode! :thumbsup:

-Lowedog

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nodrog

Posted February 21, 2006 - 02:49 AM

The weird thing is my 99 Model 400 Wr never had this vibration and seems to be alot quieter than the new 450 .

• SchmidtC194

Posted March 17, 2006 - 11:57 AM

I noticed the noise on my 06 YZ450f just after break-in. It bothered me so I searched it. Glad to know that it is normal.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 17, 2006 - 12:00 PM

The weird thing is my 99 Model 400 Wr never had this vibration and seems to be alot quieter than the new 450 .

True! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.