Best Place for Swingarm/Linkage Bearings

4 replies to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted February 19, 2006 - 08:05 PM

What do you guys think is the best way to get these bearings? Order serperately from Yamaha or oem TT ( ~$110) or are there kits that would be cheaper. It just seems kinda pricey for just the swingarm/linkage bearings. THanks, D :thumbsup:

• BIGMatt

Posted February 19, 2006 - 08:12 PM

Check prices from CBR Bearing Co. They usually have a small ad in the back of Dirt Rider. I have bought wheel bearings, head bearings, and swing arm bearings from them. Competetive prices, good service.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 19, 2006 - 08:21 PM

Pivot Works kits from Rocky Mountain! :thumbsup:

• Bamster

Posted February 20, 2006 - 06:28 AM

I got some pivot works still in the rapper off e-bay for 10 bucks.

• TeamScream

Posted February 20, 2006 - 11:05 AM

Whatever you do DO NOT buy the Moose kits.
They totaly suck, I got them for the swingarm and linkage for my 2001 and they are like butter, I ended up buying the OEM stuff after 2 of the linkage bearings crushed while installing them.
Plus the thrust bearings they supply for the swingarm are bushings rather than roller bearings.
Just steer clear of the Moose stuff.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.