Boyesen Quickshot on the 450??

22 replies to this topic
  • aford541

Posted February 26, 2006 - 11:02 PM

what exactly did you gain, the problem i can't seem to get rid of is in the upper rpms getting on/off the gas abruptly there is a slight hesatation ( not bad but annoying) i know it has something to do with the accel pump because i can almost adjust it out with the screw but its always there a little. jetting is as good as its gonna get,and i've tried each side of the spectrum of each circuit. i think maybe the quickshot might be giving the squirt more pressure because i have to slow the start time significantly more than the book reccomends :thumbsup: i'll definately try this wire trick as its easy enough to do and reverse if it doesn't do it :thumbsup:

Throttle response was what I gained, you don't have to rely on the spring to push the fuel in, Someone told me that Yamaha of Troy does that to their race bikes.
One thing is for sure If you don't see any result you can remove it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted February 27, 2006 - 05:55 AM

yea I'm having the same problem with random stalling for no reason, it's almost enough to make me regret getting this 06 and wanna go back to my 250 2 stroke. If this product would help with this problem then I'd be all over it, anyone know?

turn up your idle until you get used to it.......... :thumbsup:

• gdbarr1976

Posted March 01, 2006 - 08:12 PM

I put one on last nite. I am going to the track tomorrow. We shall see.

Tried it out Sunday. The off idle responsive is very noticeable. With a 170 main, 48 pilot, the quickshot and then fine tuning with my zip ty fuel screw I just don't see how it could get any better.

I am now going to toggle over to the nutrition/exercise and riding tech forums. I know what can get better and it is not the bike!

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.