tt-500

5 replies to this topic
  • gulley04

Posted February 19, 2006 - 06:36 PM

i am looking to trade my 73-75? tt-500 yamaha.i have been told it is a valiable bike.it is aluminum colored,fenders,gas tank,exc..
With black letters on the tank.also the oil circulates through the frame.what do yall think of the bike and how much do you think its trade-value is?

• baha

Posted February 20, 2006 - 12:12 AM

Sounds like a 75, so 31 years old and I remember those bikes as well as the guys and one girl who use to ride them. They all have Quads now
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Not worth much I would guess.

• bcs

Posted February 20, 2006 - 06:24 AM

Sounds like a bike that might have a bit of interest among the collectors, if it is fairly complete. But its a pretty small market. The great thing about the internet age is now you can actually find the people that might be interested. Maybe try some research on sites like cycletrader.com to see if there are any comparable bikes for sale.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted February 20, 2006 - 06:30 AM

If it is mint you might get 1000 to 2000 for it here.
Need to see a pic to tell for sure.
http://www.calvmx.com/guestbook/

You will get very little on a trade at a dealer.

• hankdog

Posted February 20, 2006 - 04:24 PM

The TT-500 was perhaps the first modern 4-stroke dirt bike, in a sense, the father to our modern 4-stroke Yamahas. As I recall, it was a popular desert sled. Probably not worth that much, except there are probably some Yamaha collectors, or race bike collectors that might be interested if it's complete and original...you might see if there is any interest on Ebay.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 20, 2006 - 07:47 PM

My uncle has one he bought new in '78 (I think). That bike has been everywhere from the LA freeways to the remote mountains of Montana. He takes it with his motorhome. Man that has been one awesome bike. He still ride the hell out of that thing. I dont think they are worth a ton, but they are a nice old bike anyways.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.