Clutch Help

3 replies to this topic
  • Legend_XL

Posted February 19, 2006 - 05:37 PM

Recently my clutch decided to not engage(2000 wr400f). I tried adjusting the cable with now luck. :thumbsup: Has anyone had any experience with this? Any help would be appreciated! :thumbsup:

• clark4131

Posted February 19, 2006 - 05:55 PM

So what's the story, it will or will not go into gear? What were the circumstances leading up to the problem? Did you have any previous indication that something was amiss?...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 20, 2006 - 04:39 AM

Your clutch basket may be so severly notched that the plates wont return to full separation when you pull in the clutch lever. Check to make sure your clutch arm moves about 1/2" at the cable connection when pulling in the cable. If the post pivots and the cable moves 1/2" you have a basket/plate issue. Most likely it is time for new baskets and plates. :thumbsup:

• Legend_XL

Posted February 21, 2006 - 08:45 AM

Well there wasnt any signs leading up to this. While running it wont shift unless you really jam it :bonk: While not running i can put it in to gear then pull the clutch in and it wont roll. I think it is time for a new clutch :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.