Scotts Stabilizer interchangeable between which bikes?

4 replies to this topic
  • Mescalero

Posted February 19, 2006 - 01:59 PM

I have heard speculation, rumor, and plain BS on this issue. Scotts/Ohlins wont respond to my questions and I'm getting pissed. I know there is an "R" model for the street bikes but what off road bikes are interchangeable? I have the BRP sub mount on my 650R and all I need now is the stabilizer.. I have had many opportunities to get a few second hand from different bikes real $cheap$ but cant get a confirmed answer if they will work.
Anyone know whats up?

• targetdrone

Posted February 19, 2006 - 02:11 PM

Are you asking which mount kits are interchangeable? The damper units are easily swapable between bikes. The mounts are the variable in the equation.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kritter

Posted February 19, 2006 - 02:36 PM

they are transferable to any bike so long as you can attach the damper to the bike...the only thing that changes is the arm and pin which can be purchased as a weld on to fit ANY bike.

• Mescalero

Posted February 19, 2006 - 03:13 PM

Are you asking which mount kits are interchangeable? The damper units are easily swapable between bikes. The mounts are the variable in the equation.

What I am looking to find out is.... say I get ahold of a damper from a WR, CRF, YZ, etc..... will it work on my XR650R. I already have the BRP clamps and sub mount installed on the bike for the Scotts damper. Reason I ask is because I have seen a few dampers for sale cheap but they are mostly off of WR's, Crf's, Yz's, and so on.

• targetdrone

Posted February 19, 2006 - 06:05 PM

I have had one particular Scotts damper on a 91 kx250 (custom adapter with weld-on frame mount), XL600R (Scotts top bridge & weld-on frame mount), and an XR600 (with custom top clamp, top bridge and weld-on frame mount). I have 2 damper units now and one of them is about to go on my YZ426 (Scotts oversize bar mount for aftermarket triple clamp and Scotts clamp on frame mount.)

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.