WR 400 Motor re-done but no power

2 replies to this topic
  • nic4

Posted February 19, 2006 - 07:21 AM

I've got a '99 wr 400 that bent valves, so I had the motor done by a yamaha dealer in South Africa. Things done were: New inlet valves, valve seats re-cut, new valve-stem seals, new piston & rings, new con-rod, all bearing new on crank and 4th gear replaced. Problem now is that the bike has almost no power, and does not rev as high as before. Valve timing was set to YZ timing before valves bent but is back to WR timing on re-done motor. Carburettor was cleaned also. Can it be carburettor? Can it be wiring? Please help, i have not had a ride in 2 months because of this problem. Thanks in advance

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted February 19, 2006 - 12:18 PM

So it ran good, blew up, dealer fixed it, but it doesn't have as much power. I think I would return it too the dealer ASAP.

• new2blu

Posted February 19, 2006 - 03:31 PM

The camshafts may be out of time. Definately take it back to the dealer they should warranty thier work.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.