question about starter upgrade and pipe

2 replies to this topic
  • huero

Posted February 18, 2006 - 11:18 PM

I don't post much but I check the board almost everyday. I have searched for info on both of these subjects, but I cannot find anything.

I hope someone can shed some light fir me. I have an '03 WR and am planning to the starter upgrade. I read a great thread on how to do it, on this site.
My problem is I cannot find the parts anywhere close to what the thread showed for OEM parts. I have tried Ron Ayers and yamaha of troy.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get the right OEM parts?

Also, I am trying to find out about putting an procircuit pipe from a 436 on the 450. Does anyone know if the pipes will interchange?

Thanks for all the help,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lowedog

Posted February 19, 2006 - 07:03 AM

Check here For pics and instructions for the upgrade complet with part #'s. You don't need to replace the case. There is a bushing that you can get for the original case. Part # for the bushing is listed.

Go here for parts. Great prices on OEM parts.

• huero

Posted February 19, 2006 - 11:27 AM

That's great info.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.