06 WR450 MODS & Problem

1 reply to this topic
  • tweek

Posted February 18, 2006 - 06:55 PM

Just completed the free or practically free mods (bought a new main and pilot jet.) Started bike and the idle speed changed when the throttle was open/closed ...then it would just stall
What I learned: don't ASSume the gas the dealer uses is good or clean...the pilot jet was clogged :thumbsup: . Don't put a washer under the c-clip on the needle jet :thumbsup: Took out the washer, put in new fuel, blew out the jets and it pulls the front wheel up in every gear. Success!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted February 18, 2006 - 08:07 PM

ME TOOOOOOOO. I actually took mine back because of the warrenty and I was told by the mechanic, and I quote " I used to race and it is fine ". The pilot jet was clogged and I took the main/needle jet out with a half a turn with my fingers. I haven't done the mods yet. I'm waiting for Spring.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.