throttle stop question

6 replies to this topic
  • CAVSCOUT96

Posted February 18, 2006 - 02:34 PM

OK I should have measured when I had it off the bike, but I didn't so here's the ??

When I inspected the carb and rotated the throttle assembly all the way to the stop, the throttle slide was FULLY open. Does this mean that someone has already replaced the Throttle stop screw?

I'm the third owner, The last one didn't mention it, so I'm thinking the original owner maod the mod.

Any insight??

• clark4131

Posted February 18, 2006 - 02:53 PM

Yes, mod done...SC

• bcs

Posted February 18, 2006 - 03:00 PM

Yeah. I just replaced mine and with the WR throttle stop the slide comes up less than half way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CAVSCOUT96

Posted February 18, 2006 - 03:54 PM

Thanks!!

• byggd

Posted February 19, 2006 - 02:37 AM

You may want to check to see that they didn't remove it completely or cut it too short. There have been reports that the throttle can stick when at WOT if they did :thumbsup:

• CAVSCOUT96

Posted February 19, 2006 - 10:32 AM

It's definitely still there. I was checking ot out to because I was gonna replace it, and when I actuated the throttle, watched the slide and it opened all of the way. My bike has always had good top end, and I've been wondering "how can this thing be ANY faster and be ridable" now it makes sense! :thumbsup:

• freestyle250

Posted February 19, 2006 - 11:05 AM

Yeah you might want to make sure its the exact length. I have heard some pretty scary stories of that 450 gettin stuck wide open.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.