WR Voltage Regulator Mounting

4 replies to this topic
  • Flash319

Posted February 18, 2006 - 09:56 AM

I bought a WR regulator for my YZ and want to mount it in the same spot as the WR. It is a 426. Can someone tell me where the regulator is located on the bike? A pic would be nice. :thumbsup:

• 1rkcooper

Posted February 18, 2006 - 01:16 PM

On my 400 it was on the left side of the steering stem jus in front of the tank. My new one is mounted to the back brace of my rad guard. Be sure to countersink the holes so the scews don't damage the rad.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • essex426

Posted February 18, 2006 - 01:42 PM

I bought a WR regulator for my YZ and want to mount it in the same spot as the WR. It is a 426. Can someone tell me where the regulator is located on the bike? A pic would be nice. :thumbsup:

Not got any pics,but it is mounted on the left side of the headstock.They must have bolt holes on the WR,not on the YZF though.I have a YZF426 and i connected it by one bolt on the right hand radiator.Might not be the best place (could get hot),but it is out of the way, as it is under the rad shroud.

• Flash319

Posted February 18, 2006 - 03:52 PM

Ohh I was hoping for some holes that are alwready there. I guess they used different frames for the 2 bikes. Weird......... :thumbsup:

• 1rkcooper

Posted February 18, 2006 - 07:57 PM

if memory serves me correct without goung and looking the WR has a small mount tacked onto the frame at the head.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.