06' Bar risers

14 replies to this topic
  • ethan

Posted February 17, 2006 - 09:06 PM

Has anyone tried bar risers for the 06'? The Protaper bend is good, but it would be nice to raise them. Applied makes a clamp for it with risers, but had anyone just changed to higher risers?

• Idaho_Stas

Posted February 17, 2006 - 09:52 PM

I searched far and wide for a simple 3/4" universal riser for the stock ProTapers. Couldn't find anyone that made a 1 1/8" to 1 1/8" riser. Plenty of 7/8" to 1 1/8" on the market for those wanting to put fatbars on stock triple clamps, but since most bikes (KTM being the exception) have historically come with 7/8" bars, there hasn't been much of a market for a 1 1/8" universal riser.

I found one guy at www.barrisersonline.com that was working on one, but it wouldn't be ready for several weeks. I didn't want to wait that long, so I went out an bought a pair of ProTaper Windham bends and sold the stockers.
You might email the guy and see if he has the risers available now. I think he's in Canada somewhere.

Good luck.

• Satch0922

Posted February 18, 2006 - 07:44 AM

CoopsvintageYZ (a member of ATM) made his own bar risers for the 06 top clamp

Posted Image

• Coop39

Posted February 18, 2006 - 07:55 AM

How much taller do you want to go? I have a 10mm set also, the spacers in the picture are 15mm.
They help allot on the lower back!
Let me know

• zcookie49

Posted February 18, 2006 - 08:19 AM

Go right to Pro Taper. They sell bar risers from $50-$60. they come in heights of 35mm, 45mm, and 55mm. I havent ordered them yet because I dont know what the stock height of my risers are now. I would imagine they are 35mm, if so, then I would purchase the 45mm risers from protaper (it is a complete assembly, the riser is just taller). Cheaper than buying a new top triple clamp or bars.

• jsmith811

Posted February 18, 2006 - 09:32 AM

April edition of MX Action lists a 10mm riser that they added to their 06 450 yzf, but didn't say what brand or where they got it? I would like to see some options myself for my 250f.

• mxmark

Posted February 18, 2006 - 10:18 AM

The part number is GYT-2S275-10-00 Genuine Yamaha Racing Parts. I have a set setting in front of me, waiting for me to get my bike. Thanks Mark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • krausemouse

Posted February 18, 2006 - 06:08 PM

Coop 39. Do you make the spacer riser? I am interested if you sell them.

• Idaho_Stas

Posted February 18, 2006 - 06:22 PM

I believe the ProTaper risers require you to switch out the top triple clamp (to thiers... of course) and won't work with the stock triple.

• mxmark

Posted February 18, 2006 - 08:58 PM

I believe the ProTaper risers require you to switch out the top triple clamp (to thiers... of course) and won't work with the stock triple.

You are right.

• moochie

Posted February 19, 2006 - 08:24 AM

mxmark, thanks for the info on the gyt-r extensions. I went over to the Yamha-gytr site and I see several extensions listed but none of them match the part number you provided. I googled the part number and came up short there also. Do you by any chance have a link or did you buy them directly from a shop. Thanks!

• mxmark

Posted February 19, 2006 - 09:35 AM

mxmark, thanks for the info on the gyt-r extensions. I went over to the Yamha-gytr site and I see several extensions listed but none of them match the part number you provided. I googled the part number and came up short there also. Do you by any chance have a link or did you buy them directly from a shop. Thanks!

Hi, I work at a shop. I know a way to look up GYT or other parts before there is a parts book, web site update or Micro Fiche. In your VIN # on your bike there is a number 2S2 for the YZ450F 2006, and 5XC for the YZ250F. Have the parts guy go onto the YDS computer and do a parts search for all MID numbers with 2S2 and that will bring up all of the GYT for the YZ450F 2006.
I was looking for bar riser for a YZ450F and this is how I found the right part. Any other questions please ask. Thanks Mark

• moochie

Posted February 19, 2006 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for the great info on the gyt-r parts. While I was looking at the other extensions, I noticed that the prices ranged from something like $40 to 65$...do you remember what retail is for the ones you have?

• mxmark

Posted February 19, 2006 - 01:52 PM

Thanks for the great info on the gyt-r parts. While I was looking at the other extensions, I noticed that the prices ranged from something like $40 to 65$...do you remember what retail is for the ones you have?

Retail $68.95 Thanks Mark

• SureBlue

Posted February 19, 2006 - 07:15 PM

Hi, I work at a shop. I know a way to look up GYT or other parts before there is a parts book, web site update or Micro Fiche. In your VIN # on your bike there is a number 2S2 for the YZ450F 2006, and 5XC for the YZ250F. Have the parts guy go onto the YDS computer and do a parts search for all MID numbers with 2S2 and that will bring up all of the GYT for the YZ450F 2006.
I was looking for bar riser for a YZ450F and this is how I found the right part. Any other questions please ask. Thanks Mark

Thanks for the info.
But really, the guy responsible for updating Yamaha's websites and parts &
accessories should be shot. At least he would not work for me a single day. Just look what they suggest that fits for the '06 bikes. Unf***ken believable.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.