Hey "L" Owners??

7 replies to this topic
  • pigryder

Posted February 17, 2006 - 04:21 PM

Hey guys I was wondering I have owned an R for 2 years now and just added an L, and was wondering how much of it is like the XR600R???

• Dual_Dog

Posted February 17, 2006 - 05:05 PM

Hey guys I was wondering I have owned an R for 2 years now and just added an L, and was wondering how much of it is like the XR600R???

Different gearing, similar transmissions
Softer (weaker) stock suspensions, different forks
Different compressions & HP
Same rear fender & right side panel
Similar frames, different tanks
One has both a battery & e-strart
Different rims
One's heavier

Pretty much apples to oranges. :thumbsup:

• pigryder

Posted February 17, 2006 - 05:15 PM

are the exhausts the same cause i see pipes on ebay for sale and they say xr600/650l, do they fit one another or are the sellers full of shit?

• ewbish

Posted February 18, 2006 - 06:32 AM

My riding buddy has a 93 600R. Bikes are almost identical, except I've got the magic button. They feel the same, ride the same, turn the same. Frame is the same. I think much of the bike is interchangeable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted February 18, 2006 - 07:28 AM

I have heard the part#s dont match.

• mgs781

Posted February 18, 2006 - 08:12 AM

My riding buddy has a 93 600R. Bikes are almost identical, except I've got the magic button. They feel the same, ride the same, turn the same. Frame is the same. I think much of the bike is interchangeable.

The frame is not the same...but is similar. Many parts are interchangeable, meaning most stuff that fits the XR600R will also fit the L. Several of the aftermarket parts on my bike are designed for the R and did require modifications.

MGS

• roadcam

Posted February 18, 2006 - 08:55 AM

the Supertrapp IDS2 pipe on my 'L' is actually listed as the XR600 pipe ... fit perfectly ... as to other brands, I can't say ... :thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted February 18, 2006 - 09:47 AM

are the exhausts the same cause i see pipes on ebay for sale and they say xr600/650l, do they fit one another or are the sellers full of shit?

no. xr650l/xr600 exhausts are different from the r exh.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.