works connection skid plate

Options
Breather tube rerouting??
Type of oil you have good luck with
any maintenence problems
Please let me know what has been working

• NYMXer

Posted February 17, 2006 - 01:00 PM

Trust me on this...............get a quality chain. The stocker stretches like a rubber band. That is my only complaint on the bike................it's that good!

• SCOTTYZF426FLA

Posted February 17, 2006 - 01:02 PM

My 04 chain streched so bad side to side that it would hit the knobs on the rear tire and rip them off.. stock sprocket sucks..get the Stealth Tri Metal..had it for 2 years and still looks brand new.

• dano945

Posted February 17, 2006 - 01:10 PM

I forgot to say the chain for first things, I have that on order!! oops
Anything else for bulletproofing the bike?? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2012 450 xc-w

Posted February 17, 2006 - 04:29 PM

works connection rad gaurds as soon as they are available! SB around mid march

• dano945

Posted February 17, 2006 - 07:17 PM

Anybody have suggestions on plastic/frame protectors for the 06' 450

• SureBlue

Posted February 18, 2006 - 12:10 AM

No need to protect the frame, it's polishable.

You really need to rejet the bike, 48 pilot and 170 main is suggested as basic jetting. If you are riding in cold conditions like I did yesterday (-10 Celsius) go even richer on main, I put 175. My fuel screw is at 1,75 turns out, sea level.
I think too many people overlook the importance of proper jetting, but choose to ride a bike that is time-bomb-dangerously lean.

Rerouting the breather tube is very simple and quick if you just put it thru the mudflap into the airbox. At least it won't suck water or sand if you tip the bike.

Regrease your steering, swingarm and linkage, they are almost dry from factory. Do it when the bike is new, just add grease. If you decide to do it later, it's much more work removing and cleaning the needle bearings and housings before greasing them.

• dano945

Posted February 18, 2006 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for the info. Does anyone think the Boyesen Quickshot is worth the time on the 450. I use it on my 05' YZ 250F (for sale) with good results.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.