Choosing handlebars

2 replies to this topic
  • nothingleft

Posted February 17, 2006 - 12:27 PM

I am looking to replace the stock Renthal handlebars on my bike with a taller set and need advice on picking out the right set. I want to stay with the stock 7/8" diameter and from searching I see a lot of recommendations for the Pro Taper SE bars. I don't know what the stock handlebar measurements are, but I do see a marking that says Renthal Y 790. It feels like I have to lean way over the front of the bike to reach the bars when standing. I am 6'2" tall, do all woods riding with some narrow trails, and have intermediate skills. Do all handlebars universally fit Yamahas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pkcof

Posted February 17, 2006 - 01:04 PM

Try looking at the Renthal 'Jimmy Button' set of 'bars. They're probably one of the most popular bends of 'bars out there at the moment

• unkle_george

Posted February 17, 2006 - 01:31 PM

CR Hi's are pretty popular too and are a bit higher then the stockers.
Pro-Taper 1 1/8th bars are virtually indestructable. The stock 7/8th butter bar renthals on the other hand will bend if you leave them out in the hot sun too long I swear.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.