Odometer gear unit

3 replies to this topic
  • tjbm03

Posted September 22, 2001 - 04:50 AM

Anyone who have a gear unit at the front wheel for the odometer to my -99 WR 44 for sale.
In fact I only need the plastic gear, but it´s not possible to order only that. I have to buy the whole unit

Johan from Sweden

[This message has been edited by tjbm03 (edited September 22, 2001).]

• Thumper33

Posted September 22, 2001 - 07:35 AM

I just bought a panoram computer so I don't use the cable odo anymore. I've not looked inside the hub, but I certainly don't need any of the stuff in there anymore. (ok, I need some of it :)) Anyway, is this soemthing I can take out w/o effecting the rest of the hub?

------------------
2000 WR400F - Throttle stop shortened, Grey Wire Cut, Filter Cover Removed, Panoram Computer. MNevitt@OffroadToyStore.com . Feel Free to chat: Yahoo IM nevitt33, AOL IM Nevitt 33

[This message has been edited by Thumper33 (edited September 22, 2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted September 22, 2001 - 08:24 AM

You want to replace the odo parts in the wheel with a spacer and seal for a YZ. They fit and work fine even though the WR hub has lugs for the odo and the YZ hub does not.

Posted Image

The parts you need are:

# 4 - OIL SEAL Part Number 93102-26468-00

# 13 - COLLAR, WHEEL Part Number 5BE-25186-00-00

(Part numbers are for a 2000 YZ426)

[This message has been edited by Ron in SoCal (edited September 22, 2001).]

• tjbm03

Posted September 22, 2001 - 10:09 AM

Yes it´s possible to remove the plastic gear. Just remove the seal in the gear unit and then you remove the gear, Check if the gear is worn around the middle. my is so worn that there is a "waist" aroud it.

------------------

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.