Rear Wheel Question

6 replies to this topic
  • Legend_XL

Posted February 17, 2006 - 09:49 AM

Im a newb here, the name is Rick. You all provide some damn good info. :thumbsup: You all rock. Now to the question, Does a rear wheel assembly from a 2004 YZF250 fit a 2000 WR400? :thumbsup: Tire size 110/90-19.
Thanks

• freestyle250

Posted February 17, 2006 - 04:09 PM

Welcome to TT. Careful, its addicting. But I dont have any personal experience, but ill give you my opinion, and results of research i have done. I too am wantng to put a 19 inch rear wheel on my WR, and I havent heard anything to convince me that it wouldnt work. and im almost positive that the wheelset on a YZ/WR are compatible. But, im not sure of your year. Give the thread a few more hours and im sure one of the more knowledgeable guys will give some better info.

• clark4131

Posted February 17, 2006 - 06:44 PM

YZ Rear wheel will work, front wheel will not without added parts...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxd-nuts

Posted February 17, 2006 - 07:11 PM

I had a 19 inch on my 01.I only noticed a differance at high speeds.I seemed to have more headshake at wide open speeds across the desert.I sold the old bike and bought a new 450,kept the 19 inch wheel and was hoping to mount a paddle up for Sand Mountain.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 17, 2006 - 09:23 PM

I took the 19 off my new YZ and put it on my WR to sell. I wanted the 18 from my WR. Why do you want a 19 on your WR?

• Legend_XL

Posted February 19, 2006 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for all the help. :thumbsup: I was just looking into picking up an extra wheel for a paddle tire. So i wouldnt have to take it in everytime i wanted to switch it out.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 20, 2006 - 07:55 PM

OH, good idea. I would love to ride some dunes sometime. It looks like sooooo much fun. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.