Another Pig In The Barn!!!!!

10 replies to this topic
  • pigryder

Posted February 16, 2006 - 05:47 PM

Hey guys I just bought a 2001 XR650L to add to my list of toys including a 2002 XR650R and my 2004 Rubicon, what do you guys think it has 2,500 miles its cherry and I got it for 3750.00!! Its completely stock so what do I need to do to open this thing up? Any and all information is greatly appreciated!

• goblin127

Posted February 16, 2006 - 08:58 PM

Just do a search for Daves mods . Four strokes .com has them too.

• Dagwood_55

Posted February 17, 2006 - 02:23 PM

Not to burst your bubble or nuthin, but I bought a cherry, completly stock '01 with 800 mi for $3200, off Ebay in Dec.

Now for the good part, WB E2, Edelbrock, Uni, fresh knobbies, 14/48 sp,....FUN, FUN, FUN.....

• pigryder

Posted February 17, 2006 - 04:25 PM

well I bought it at a dealer with a 90 day warranty, what kinda warranty did you get? Not that a Honda needs a warranty at all!! Oh and I I wasnt bragging just thought it was a good deal, also I just pulled off the smog shit, and ordered jets and filter today! Cant wait to open her up not that its like my R, but its plenty on the street

• dirtrider13

Posted February 17, 2006 - 06:06 PM

Hey I got a 2002 XR650R bought in June of 2003 used very little since summer of 2004 for $3000. uncorked, protapers great condition. on the TT classifieds. dirtrider13

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dual_Dog

Posted February 18, 2006 - 06:51 AM

...Cant wait to open her up not that its like my R, but its plenty on the street

That's what the XRL has going for it. It really is (more of) a street bike. The XRL's & even older XL's do really well on tight twisty paved roads, even in stock trim. Don't be afraid the throw it into a turn like your hitting a berm, or dropping your inside knee down like a street bike at high speeds, even with (the right) knobby tires.

The e-start is always a nice feature, too.

If you're missing the quickness from dead stops, change the gearing to 14-47 or 14-48. Brings everything a lot closer together, but you lose top end. Not a big deal if you're not a freeway super commuter.

• screag01

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:00 PM

Whew, I'm glad to catch this post. I just picked up an '05 XRL w/ 950 miles, and then just under a week later came across a converted (and ready to go) '00 XRR that I just couldn't pass up. From zero to two in about a week. I have been questioning my own impulses after this. (of course everyone else always has) But I'm glad to see there are others, therefore the only conclusion....perfectly rational purchases. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 20, 2006 - 05:30 PM

Whew, I'm glad to catch this post. I just picked up an '05 XRL w/ 950 miles, and then just under a week later came across a converted (and ready to go) '00 XRR that I just couldn't pass up. From zero to two in about a week. I have been questioning my own impulses after this. (of course everyone else always has) But I'm glad to see there are others, therefore the only conclusion....perfectly rational purchases. :thumbsup: :eek:

:thumbsup: :bonk: :bonk:

Perfectly rational to me. :bonk: :eek:

• hayesjo

Posted February 21, 2006 - 07:09 AM

Not to burst all your bubbles but I got a 2000 XR650R in great shape for $1500. The guy needed the $$$

• pigryder

Posted February 21, 2006 - 11:22 AM

glad to see all the responses, I love my R to death and cant wait to really get into the L seems like its going to be a blast!! Weather has been really cold here lately like in the teens!! Cant wait for summer weather riding :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted February 21, 2006 - 07:26 PM

Hey guys I just bought a 2001 XR650L to add to my list of toys including a 2002 XR650R and my 2004 Rubicon, what do you guys think it has 2,500 miles its cherry and I got it for 3750.00!! Its completely stock so what do I need to do to open this thing up? Any and all information is greatly appreciated!

thats a lot, gotta remember, msrp is 5700.....search the forums for mods.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.