650R HRC Kit???

4 replies to this topic
  • morewoops

Posted February 15, 2006 - 08:18 PM

Anyone know where I can get an HRC Kit from? Everyone I talk to says they're back ordered. Standard bore, comes with the cam, chain, the whole choo choo.

Tried XR's no luck, tried RPM, same thing, couple shops around town, no deal. anyone?? :thumbsup:

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 15, 2006 - 08:43 PM

Try Precision Concepts but it won't be cheap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snaggleXR650

Posted February 16, 2006 - 05:05 AM

Service Honda.com. I punched in the part # a while back and it came up at around $900 or so. By the way, you can buy your own Wiseco (or other) high comp piston, and then get a Hot Cam's Stage 1 cam, and then maybe you can get the heavy duty cam chain by itself from Honda. Put simply, you can build your own HRC kit for significantly less. Worth looking into anyway before you drop the big bucks.

• brian jacquemin

Posted February 16, 2006 - 01:58 PM

I have got my 650 set up with the hrc kit but if I were to build another bike I would definately go to Rob Barnum to set up my 650. He is the man to talk to and have build you a bad ass bike for a good price. You will not be dissapointed. (760)868-8097
BRIAN

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 16, 2006 - 03:59 PM

IMO If you want to do an HRC kit, spring for the real thing. Forget the high compression piston, bike stalls too easy.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.