YZ426 vs WR400 question...

2 replies to this topic
  • antman325

Posted February 15, 2006 - 06:56 PM

I'm a newbie here but was told by a good friend this was the place to come for the real info on bikes. I am debating getting a 426 from a guy at a really good price, around $2k. Its in awesome shape. The other bike I was looking at is a 2000 WR400F, all tricked out, for around $3000. I'm an old guy, turning 40 in a couple of months so I will be doing mainly woods and trails with barely any true motocross (not 15 any more!). So my question to you fine folks is, of the two, which one is the better choice? And is it true the 426 will overheat in the woods? Any help with this global decision would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • targetdrone

Posted February 15, 2006 - 07:30 PM

I'd get the 426. It's a much better bike. I love my '02. You can get exactly what you want for it. Make a list of what you want. I'd start with a Rekluse, and then....wait a sec. Just click on My Garage and see what I've done to mine. It already had a skid plate when I got it.

• antman325

Posted February 15, 2006 - 07:49 PM

Wow, that garage thing is cool! Yeah, between the time I posted this and now, I have researched comments on this site and have pretty much decided on the 426 :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.