counter shaft play on the 650R

3 replies to this topic
  • Mudshark

Posted February 15, 2006 - 06:42 PM

The CS on my pig has at least 3mm play on it .... thats in and out play.
It slides in and out of the tranny about 3mm.
In fact it comes pretty darn close to the CS sprocket guard..... is this normal.
I have never had a bike with CS shaft play before??

Please, someone run outside and go check to see if when you pull and push
the front sprocket towards and away from the motor if it has play on it. :thumbsup:

• snaggleXR650

Posted February 15, 2006 - 06:59 PM

Mine does too. I think it's pretty normal. It allows the front sprocket to float a bit while in motion. Don't sweat it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mudshark

Posted February 15, 2006 - 07:25 PM

Cool, thanks I thought it may have had something to do with the jingling noise
I hear.... damnd annoying and I can't find the cause.....sounds like somethings lose but I can't find it.. :thumbsup:

• TeamEndo

Posted February 16, 2006 - 09:34 AM

me too. Mines also rustier than a boat at the bottom of the north atlantic. The previous owner left the chainguard on which trapped mud/moisture.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.