Smog pump block off question

4 replies to this topic
  • ACMoodz

Posted February 15, 2006 - 05:27 PM

All right guys, I am in the middle of installing the smog block off kit on my 05 650L. The directions from XRs only suck. Can anyone tell me which carb vacuum hoses get blocked off? The kit comes with two rubber caps. On the carb there are two vacuum hoses that tee into one and then go to the air pump. Any help?

• supaflyryan

Posted February 15, 2006 - 06:11 PM

Check 4strokes.com, they have tons of articles with pictures to help you out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 15, 2006 - 06:57 PM

All right guys, I am in the middle of installing the smog block off kit on my 05 650L. The directions from XRs only suck. Can anyone tell me which carb vacuum hoses get blocked off? The kit comes with two rubber caps. On the carb there are two vacuum hoses that tee into one and then go to the air pump. Any help?

I concur that 4strokes.com has info on this.

For my L, I used one section of that hose you are speaking of, and looped it from one nipple on the carb to the other. Like in Step 5 at this URL: 4strokes

• rokklym

Posted February 15, 2006 - 07:19 PM

I concur that 4strokes.com has info on this.

For my L, I used one section of that hose you are speaking of, and looped it from one nipple on the carb to the other. Like in Step 5 at this URL: 4strokes

Thats exactly waht I did too. I did it all myself, all you need out of the kit is the plates, everything else is there, you just gotta cut a couple hoses.

great mod!

• ACMoodz

Posted February 15, 2006 - 07:37 PM

Thanks! Job done! Looks like a motor now! (not a fire truck)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.