Stock Exhaust w/o Baffle v/s YZ Exhaust

7 replies to this topic
  • MKP

Posted February 15, 2006 - 12:27 PM

I'm looking for more power on my 05 WR having no sound restriction (Desert).
Is it correct that using the YZ exhaust lead to a significative gain in power over the stock exhaust without the baffle ???? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If that is correct, does any other aftermarket exhaust produce more power than the YZ exhaust ????

Thank you for the advice. :bonk:

Marco

• 426WROhio

Posted February 15, 2006 - 01:35 PM

My buddy pulled the baffle out of WR when I left it overnight at house, the day before a big ride. I did notice a nice power gain! However, guys behind me complained of it being too loud.
GYT-R has a nice aftermarket baffle to increase performance w/ some noise restartint for $40. If you have the $, I have heard the power bomb header pipes are a quick HP gain. FMF - $300... Probably have to match up a good muffler.

• bg10459

Posted February 15, 2006 - 02:08 PM

I felt a big difference between the uncorked WR pipe and the YZ pipe (the YZ pipe being better). I also saw the difference in the jetting. I needed to change the main jet (I can't be certain which way because the original jet was labeled 145, but looked to be drilled). I also had to richen the pilot circuit a few turns on the screw.
Can't speak about any aftermarket exhausts or any dyno proven results.

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 15, 2006 - 02:30 PM

My buddy pulled the baffle out of WR when I left it overnight at house, the day before a big ride. I did notice a nice power gain! However, guys behind me complained of it being too loud.
GYT-R has a nice aftermarket baffle to increase performance w/ some noise restartint for $40. If you have the $, I have heard the power bomb header pipes are a quick HP gain. FMF - $300... Probably have to match up a good muffler.

The 05 450 muffler is way different than the WR 426 muffler

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OrangeCoWR450

Posted February 15, 2006 - 04:10 PM

Nice noticeable weight improvement by switching to the YZ pipe. :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted February 15, 2006 - 04:42 PM

It won't be significant, but it will be a noticable improvement.

Significant would be bolting on a good MX exhaust, either slip-on or full system.

• OneToGo

Posted February 15, 2006 - 10:19 PM

Hi

I have heard the power bomb header pipes are a quick HP gain. FMF - $300... Probably have to match up a good muffler.

Power bomb with the Powercore Ti is apparently the BUSINESS :thumbsup: (see this forum), if noise is no issue. FMF website has some interesting dyno power curves but the PowerCore is conspicuous by its absence. Interesting to see the WR standard pipe figures vs. inserts and other FMF combos. Anecdotal I know, but there are plenty of positive reports with PowerCore+P powerbomb setup. Most pipes give good gains over the YZ pipe, so will vastly improve the WR.
Enjoy
colin :thumbsup:

• MKP

Posted February 16, 2006 - 03:41 AM

Crystal Clear:
FMF or Power Bomb are better than YZ pipe and MUCH better than the stock pipe.
Thanks to all of you for the advice.
Marco

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.